Even though this Saturday will hopefully give you the opportunity not to sit at your desk, we have a few tips for you on how to loosen up physically and take short "refreshment breaks" during working hours.
1. Sit upright on your chair and place both feet firmly on the floor.
2. Consciously straighten your spine by letting the top of your head grow towards the ceiling.
3. Let your arms hang loosely beside your body, shake out your hands and then make gentle fists, circling in one direction and then the other.
4. With your arms hanging down, circle your shoulders 5-6 times from front to back, then 5-6 times from back to front.
5. Raise both arms up over your sides as you inhale and begin to grasp the air above your head with your hands as you exhale. Push your arms upwards alternately so that you can feel how your sides alternately stretch and lengthen. Allow your breath to flow consciously.
6. Come back to the center, stretch your fingertips towards the ceiling again for a long time as you inhale and lower your arms back down over your sides as you exhale.
7. Finally, relax your body once again, breathe in and out deeply and consciously and then return to your tasks with renewed energy and focus.